OEM Replacement Instructions
IMPORTANT OH&S SAFETY WARNING
Trailer king pin to fifth wheel mismatch is not uncommon & fitting of an EZI-TURN may increase the possibility of mismatch. It is therefore IMPORTANT that these fitting instructions are read & understood prior to commencing installation. Do not hesitate to contact Ezi-Products at email@example.com with any query concerning installation or on-going use.
INSTALLATION OF YOUR NEW EZI-TURN
– EZI-TURN bearing with counter bored holes
– Set of bolts complete with a flat washer and nyloc nuts
– EZI-TURN Safety Label
1. Make sure you have the correct Low Friction Pad for the hitch
2. Remove old LFP
3. Clean the 5th wheel, remove all grease and foreign material
4. Inspect the top plate for cracks or damage, replace if necessary
5. Center Ezi-Turn LFP so the holes line up
6. Fix LFP onto fifth wheel with bolts provided, fitting flat washer and nyloc nuts. Tension all nuts to 6 N.m (4.5 lbs/ft)
7. Affix label in a position readily seen from driving position. (Replacement labels are available on request – contact firstname.lastname@example.org) This label must be fitted.
8. Check that the hitch engages correctly. See hitching instruction
When hitching trailer, check that the trailer is not too low as this could result in damage to the EZI-TURN bearing. After hitching, VISUALLY check that the fifth wheel jaws have engaged correctly and release handle is in the correct locked position, as per individual fifth wheel manufacturer’s instructions.
1. Check nut tension 6 N.m (4.5 lbs/ft) at truck service intervals.
2. Keep surface of EZI-TURN and skid plate of trailer clean of foreign matter.